The Madder and Marigold Cowl is designed to celebrate local and small batch natural yarns! The design elements in the colorwork motif - flowering plants, vines and trees - represent the natural materials that feed the sheep, and shepherds' dye pots in the farms around us, to create the beautiful wool we love.
This pattern is perfect for new stranded colorwork knitters - lots of people tell us they have used it for their first colorwork pattern! - because each design motif is a simple repeat, with no long floats to carry. The larger yarn size makes it easy to see your stitches.
- 2 skeins main color (360 yards), Green Mountain Spinnery Mewesic, a fine wool DK-weight yarn
- 1 skein contrast color (180 yards), Mewesic DK
- Digital pattern
- Free Needle + Purl 6" ruler (for checking your gauge!) and bumblebee stitch marker (so you'll never lose your place)
- Approximately 230 yards total of DK or light worsted weight yarn in 2 high-contrast colors (about 160 yards for main color and 70 yards for contrast color)
- Gauge: 21.5 stitches and 25.5 rounds in stranded colorwork = 4" x 4"
- Size (finished measurements after blocking): 10.5"/27 cm tall, and 22.5"/ 57 cm in circumference.
- Suggested needle size: US size 7 (4.5 mm)
See a color combo in Mewesic that you like better? Message us! We'll be happy to make you a personalized kit.
Note: a link for the digital download of this pattern will be sent after the order confirmation is completed. This is not a finished product; yarn and pattern are included, but the knit happens with your own maker magic!