This visible mending kit has everything you need to make beautiful, useful patches with wool fabric and thread, using the Katrinkles Darning and Mending Loom! The sweet, hand-carved bowl includes all the materials you need to easily repair sweaters, hats, gloves, jackets, denim, and any other clothing that needs a fix, so you can enjoy it longer!
We have carefully created each kit's color palette, and the hand-carved bowl makes this collection perfect for gift-giving.
The kit includes:
- 1 darning loom by Katrinkles - unlike a darning mushroom, this loom has a flat top and elastic to hold your cloth steady while you work, and an optional "heddle" to let you weave mending patterns over rips and holes: pretty, and functional!
- 3 spools of Moire Rustic Wool Threads, 87 yards each
- 2 swatches of 100% wool fabric for patching, each roughly 7" x 16"; we source this wool from a local-to-us mill in Maine.
- 1 pair of steel project scissors
- 1 small hand-carved wood bowl, about 9" long (note that size, color and shape vary due to the handmade nature of this item)
And don't forget to add Visible Mending to your order, a beautiful book full of tips and patterns for mending garments, including the use of wool patches!
Looking for a solution to mend tiny holes in hard-to-reach places? Check out our Visible Mending Kit - Mini Loom editions!